What books do you disagree with and why?
07-27-2012, 12:38 PM
RE: What books do you disagree with and why?
There are times when I disagree with only certain aspects of a book - including the author's conclusion. Such is the case of American Brutus.

Now that everyone has sharpened their daggers and headed for Clinton to eliminate me, let me say that the book is a wonderful resource, filled to the brim with verifiable information, an excellent example of detailed research, and generally a good read (except for much skipping back and forth, which tended to make it sometimes confusing for me).

So what do I disagree with? I still cannot accept the conclusion that Booth was essentially a one-man show, the great puppet master who could manipulate people, set traps for them to fall into to incriminate themselves, etc. - especially in the short period of time between first appearing on the scene in the late-fall of 1864 and the assassination in mid-April of 1865. Even if he was the leader of the others, I do not see him as craftily manipulating them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What books do you disagree with and why? - Laurie Verge - 07-27-2012 12:38 PM