Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'?
09-15-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'?
"Delusional - from drugs?
I have no problem with all that has been said on this thread. I would like you to look deeper into "Davis was SICK - he was out of it". We have already been told that his wife took over some of his duties. I have read, in a book on Benjamin, that he said that he ran the government. in those last days. Instructional letters emanating from the President's Office were worded The President directs me to .... or The President directs you to.... and Davis never saw any of those letters. One in particular that interests me, was Benjamin's letter to Jacob Thompson, concerning the Confederate Treasury in Canada - " You are to send "all that money to my personal account in Liverpool". I can't imagine Davis saying that.
Since Davis was ill in some way (Nerves, most likely), he must have been drugged to incompetency, he was loony. Could it be that Davis did not write those speeches, that seemed so eloquent?
I'm suggesting that Davis was being used, by trusted people, who were setting up personal retirement packages. Has anyone ever read "Niagara on the Lake"? It's an article about the distribution of Confederate funds, to a select few. Davis eventually went there after his release from prison. See what you think. I have also read that Thompson "supported" Davis up until his death.
I found most of this to be unbelievable, so I didn't keep notes, but I will dig out the sources and share them. This appears to be a case of having details and not know the whole story. Maybe this is the beginning of "the rest of the story". I can't do it alone. We all need to chip in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - JMadonna - 09-13-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - L Verge - 09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - Anita - 09-14-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - Anita - 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - SSlater - 09-15-2013 12:00 AM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - L Verge - 09-15-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - HerbS - 09-15-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - L Verge - 09-15-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: Was Jeff Davis 'Delusional'? - L Verge - 09-15-2013, 05:43 PM