One more post, on one broken leg.
09-15-2013, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 10:54 AM by Troy Cowan.)
RE: One more post, on one broken leg.
(09-14-2013 01:00 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Troy - Personally, I am ending this ridiculousness by suggesting that you obtain, read, and then refute the many fact-based, excellent pieces of research that others on this forum have studied. Start with Body in the Barn, progress to others such as American Brutus (which is one of the best pieces of research you can ever find on the subject). With your present state of mind on this, I really don't care if you take me seriously or not... However, I would appreciate it if you would learn to spell my name.

You remind me very much of a certain Mudd descendant, now deceased, who answered every question on how she felt about statements regarding the Dr. Mudd situation by answering, "They all lied." Her refusal to accept people's research and opinions even led to her ushering visitors at the Mudd museum out the door and off the property. That's not what historical debate is all about. I'm of the Jack Webb/Dragnet era where I want "Just the facts, sir, just the facts." And, you darn well better have the facts to back up your hypothesis.

Laurie, I don't understand how you can criticize me for the very same things you are guilty of.

If you have books you want me to read, send them to me. I will read them and return them.

I understand that we have disagreements, even including our choice of sources. You seem to prefer people with a lot of letters after their name. Perhaps it would be good for you to know the sources I prefer. The following include sources I have used in my book and will continue to use on this forum.

They include: William Herndon, Ward Lamon, Father Chiniquy, Black Hawk, Dennis Hanks, Hanna Armstrong, Abraham Lincoln, Mary Lincoln, Melissa Edwards, James Shields, Jefferson Davis, Varina Davis, Sergeant Gleason, Lt. Edward Doherty, George McCellan, Ulysses S. Grant, Pope Pious IX, Finis Bates, and many more that were personally involved in the topics we discuss.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Hess1865 - 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Troy Cowan - 09-15-2013 10:39 AM