One more post, on one broken leg.
09-13-2013, 12:47 AM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg.
(09-12-2013 07:14 PM)Dave Taylor Wrote:  Alright, I'll restate my question so that you understand what I'm asking. Troy, at what point in the traditional escape route story does Boyd come in? When does David Herold essentially change traveling companions and Where/how does Booth make his escape according to your theory?

Dave, why are you asking me about the traditional story? You should be asking Laurie.
But, again, you are asking me and my answer is-at the Rappahannock River crossing after three of Mosby's soldiers arrive, David introduces himself as Boyd and introduces another man standing there as James William Boyd. I believe that it was James W. Boyd and Booth was still hiding under the mattress in the wagon.

After the three crossed the Rappahannock, Booth reached in his pockets to get the money he owed Boyd for his services. Booth discovered the money was missing. He asked Boyd to go back across the Rappahannock and see if he could find his missing items. Booth couldn't wait out in the open, so he went on to the Garrett's, leaving Herold to wait for Boyd. Booth told Herold that if Boyd found the money that he and Boyd were to go to Bowling Green and buy him a new pair of shoes and then meet him back at the Garrett's the following day. The next day a troop of soldiers passed the Garrett's house and Booth decides he needs to move on. He headed for his farm and his lover, Izola.

Booth left the Garrett farm in the afternoon on the next day after his arrival. That night Boyd and Herold arrive at the Garrett's and they are shone the way to the corn crib where Boyd is mistaken for Booth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Troy Cowan - 09-13-2013 12:47 AM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Hess1865 - 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM