Lincoln / Stanton relationship
12-13-2012, 10:48 PM,
#1
Lincoln / Stanton relationship
I had a "conversation" with someone, about the relationship between Lincoln and Stanton, but I can't remember who it was. I have since run across a "description" of that relationship. This quote is from "The Life of Charles A. Dana" by James Harison Wilson. "1864. Dana was promoted to Assistant Sec. of War, where Pres. Lincoln occassionallly used him to implement orders, when the recalcitrant Stanton was out of the office". This is perfect, from my point of view, he was -- obstinate, defiant of authority, difficult to manage. Synonym: unruly.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lincoln / Stanton relationship - by John Stanton - 12-13-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: Lincoln / Stanton relationship - by Gene C - 12-13-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Lincoln / Stanton relationship - by JMadonna - 12-15-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: Lincoln / Stanton relationship - by Mylye2222 - 03-12-2020, 05:32 PM
RE: Lincoln / Stanton relationship - by wpbinzel - 04-17-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Lincoln / Stanton relationship - by Gene C - 04-25-2020, 10:38 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)