Original Lincoln Home Cottage to be Reconstructed
10-26-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: Original Lincoln Home Cottage to be Reconstructed
(10-26-2021 04:27 AM)Steve Wrote:  I agree it's rediculous to build a facimile cottage for a building that is still standing in an historically accurate state right there. Waste of money. You can set up a display in the Lincoln house showing the history of the extensions of the house when the Lincoln lived there. It would probably be more historically useful to help a casual visitor understand/visualize the historical development of the Lincoln Home anyway.

I don't understand the Coalition's opposition to including the Elijah Isles house to the Lincoln Home National Historic Site, though.

Steve,
The Dana House, across the street from the Lincoln Home, has a number of dioramas (beautifully done) depicting the changes to the home during the years the Lincolns lived there.
Possible objections to inclusion of the Iles home might be that its site is not contiguous with the NPS site. Also, I believe the Iles House has been relocated a number of times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original Lincoln Home Cottage to be Reconstructed - Joe Di Cola - 10-26-2021 09:25 AM