Why Is the G.O.P. Fighting to Preserve Monuments to Traitors in the Capitol?
06-22-2020, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2020 12:20 AM by My Name Is Kate.)
RE: Why Is the G.O.P. Fighting to Preserve Monuments to Traitors in the Capitol?
I don't see how what you wrote in response to what I wrote, has much of anything at all to do with what I wrote (I was employing a bit of satire (which apparently went unnoticed), not stating my own opinions...).

Nevertheless, I'm curious...Shouldn't Lincoln have consulted some of the former slaves to find out how they felt about going back to Africa, before even entertaining such a solution as a possibility? Perhaps he eventually did do that, and abandoned the idea on that basis. But your response implies that the idea was abandoned because it wasn't feasible, not because it was unjust. Further, what you wrote implies that you are okay with that.

I am well aware of why the original Constitution recognized the legality of slavery, and why Lincoln's foremost concern was to keep the union together, and not to free the slaves. It is liberals/leftists/democrats who do not understand that and do not accept it, and want to destroy this country and the Constitution because of it. It would appear that democrats, despite their name, do not believe in democracy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Is the G.O.P. Fighting to Preserve Monuments to Traitors in the Capitol? - My Name Is Kate - 06-22-2020 12:15 AM