Very sad news: Laurie Verge has passed
03-14-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Very sad news: Laurie Verge has passed
It has taken a little time to recover from the shock and to settle my thoughts and tribute to Laurie Verge. Laurie was a force of nature. It is practically impossible to pick up a book dealing with the subject of Lincoln’s assassination written in the past 40 years that does not contain an acknowledgement to Laurie. Her encyclopedic knowledge of the subject was apparent to all who met her, and she never lost her instincts as a superb teacher. Thanks to Roger Norton, some of that knowledge has been captured on this forum and is an extraordinary legacy to all who will come along. I tell people that Laurie used an unfair tactic to recruit me, first as a Surratt House docent and later as vice president of the Surratt Society; namely, she asked me nicely (as if I could ever say “no” to her). As much as I will miss her, I consider myself very fortunate to have known her and to have been her friend. I know of no greater tribute to Laurie than to do what I and others can to continue her life’s work for the Surratt House Museum, the Surratt Society, and the quest for research in this field.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very sad news: Laurie Verge has passed - wpbinzel - 03-14-2020 04:28 PM