New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
07-18-2019, 06:36 PM
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
(07-18-2019 04:08 PM)Steve Wrote:  Too bad we don't know where the mummy is located exactly now. If we did, we could still measure its approximate size now.

I'm trying to respond to these posts while at home (where my personal books are out of reach) and am straining my aging memory. However, I believe that the accurate account (Rob Wick, where are you?) of Booth talking to his hands is that he asked to have his hands raised, and his request was granted. As for his ability to speak, James O. Hall explained that medically to us forty years ago, and it had something to do with him still having limited control of breathing.

Booth knew that the soldiers had identified him correctly, so he wasn't going to pretend any more. He was definitely his mother's favorite son, and he adored her, so it was very important to him that someone get word to her as to why he did what he did. Even dying, he still considered himself a hero by attempting to stave off the newly designed, central government and what ill effects it would have on the country.

As for the size of the Booth mummy, I believe that the article done in the 1930s, when the doctors examined and x-rayed the so-called Mr. George, contains such vital statistics. Fred Black, the newspaperman that Henry Ford trusted to investigate the mummy theory, was very thorough over an extended period of time. His work does a lot to dispel the mummy theory, as does the work of others over the years. Even at the 1995 exhumation trial, the Green Mount Cemetery team made the Bates book look like a fairy tale -- which, in many ways -- it is, imo.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon - L Verge - 07-18-2019 06:36 PM