Just read - no comments needed
06-20-2018, 10:45 AM
RE: Just read - no comments needed
(06-20-2018 10:13 AM)JMadonna Wrote:  
(06-19-2018 09:14 PM)David Lockmiller Wrote:  Let the rich enslave the poor in this country and around the world, now. No doubt that they will all be "volunteers."

You just perfectly described the tax system.

"The majority of slaves were expensive so they were fed and treated well. Many of whom remained loyal and volunteered for the South. Every Simon Legree knew that a mistreated slave did not produce work for his master."

I reread this a few minutes ago and it recalled to mind a story about the treatment of polo ponies by different countries. I believe that it was Argentina that adopted the Simon Legree philosophy of getting the most out of its polo ponies. i don't remember what country or countries were on the other philosophical side. But I would rather lose than ever consider adopting the Simon Legree philosophy of treating animal or man.

And, as regards slavery, I can never forget the photograph of the older distinguished black slave whose back was absolutely covered in healed whip wounds. What an awesome personality that man must have possessed! I can only hope and pray his master eventually got his just desserts.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Just read - no comments needed - L Verge - 06-06-2018, 06:38 PM
RE: Just read - no comments needed - Steve - 06-08-2018, 05:48 PM
RE: Just read - no comments needed - David Lockmiller - 06-20-2018 10:45 AM