Where did the Lincolns live after the Globe Tavern?
04-19-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: Where did the Lincolns live after the Globe Tavern?
Quote:It's possible whoever bought the house on Fourth street in March 1844 knew the Lincolns were the prior inhabitants and their descendants could have been Barton's informants if it wasn't the Tinsleys.

That's very true. It's equally possible that anyone who knew the Lincolns at that time would have known where they had lived and their descendants could have been the informant[s]. Without any new discoveries, I imagine this is one of those things that will remain unsolved.

Quote:I wonder if Robert Lincoln ever mentioned this.

I doubt it. To me it's unlikely he ever thought that much about it since he only would have been a year old at the time and had no memories of it.

Quote:'m surprised Herndon didn't mention it as it was at the time he became Lincoln's partner.

Given the short amount of time the Lincolns lived there, it was probably off his radar as well.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the Lincolns live after the Globe Tavern? - Rob Wick - 04-19-2018 06:06 PM