Ruggles. Bainbridge and Jett at the River
01-31-2017, 11:54 PM
RE: Ruggles. Bainbridge and Jett at the River
I think we need to drop back to zero and rethink all that we are saying here. This is brought about by the fact that this trip to Boston had nothing to do with Lincoln at all!
Let's examine what we know. Booth left New York with LUCY HALE.
They went to Rhode Island for some serious kanoodling, and had some kind of a spat, that put them in a bad mood, and they went to Boston. She is hidden with friends and Booth visits his Brother and a friend ( Orlando ?) When he finished "visiting", he ,went home (No mention of Lucy on the return trip).
THIS IS NO "SECRET MISSION", with a military theme! The only thing that comes to mind - based on what we can read - is he was showing Lucy to his family and some friends, and they were spending time together, away from her parents.
I am guessing now, but he must have told Lucy some part of his plans for Lincoln- resulting in the Black Mood. He was engaged and wore a small ring, to show around, that he cherished, but the wedding will be delayed.

The most important thing of this commentary - is his trip had nothing to do with Canada! All these facts came from the writing of others. The "interpretation" is mine and I am prepared to defend it.

Somewhere in American Brutus, I read that Booth often told Herold lies - on purpose - knowing he was going to brag about what he knew. This trip is an example.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ruggles. Bainbridge and Jett at the River - SSlater - 01-31-2017 11:54 PM