Has anyone done any research on Leonard T. Hogan?
10-20-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Has anyone done any research on Leonard T. Hogan?
Thanks Roger, Betty O, et al, for your input. Your remarks are actually a confirmation of the Mission. It includes more people telling the same thing, at a different time, and the events didn't change.
I stumbled onto Hogan as I was researching A. C. Richards (He was the Chief of Police in D.C. on the night of the assassination,) My interest in him came from - His story is all lies. Some of them are mentioned in this version.
This info gives me a Push, to keep looking. I questioned Hogan's story - he was only 17 - but, he apparently volunteered for an assignment that not many would have ever risked. (They HAD to accept him.) It's easy to understand why - none of them ever talked about the operation, until 1900. In the parallel story about Harney, no one ever talked about his portion of the same mission.
I like the story that Story,( the man) tells about the "Special Unit" that was a special unit that Spied, and he wasn't just bragging. He told it in his Pension Application. Also, his Official Army Record claims he DESERTED. Isn't that typical of Spies. The only part of his story I question - as wrong - is "on the night of the shooting, he was sent to Washington". I think he was sent earlier, in an effort to stop Booth. Say, about April 1, when Harney got his orders and left Richmond. It wouldn't make sense to allow Booth to continue for 14 days or more, when the Higher-Ups wanted something different. I think that error slipped in sometime between 1865 and 1900. I think that Booth's trip to Boston, was his effort to get back into the scheme. (Story may have meant that "he had been sent to Washington, and on the night of the shooting, etc. etc.) However - I accept this story as an accurate version of the events at that time. (I am now looking for more, and I have more names to look into.)----- Thanks Guys and Gals, I will share all I find.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has anyone done any research on Leonard T. Hogan? - SSlater - 10-20-2016 11:59 PM