A GREAT DAY TO TALK HISTORY!
09-18-2016, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2016 01:41 PM by PaigeBooth.)
RE: A GREAT DAY TO TALK HISTORY!
(09-18-2016 12:17 PM)John Fazio Wrote:  
(09-18-2016 11:54 AM)PaigeBooth Wrote:  I was asked to speak at an annual meeting for Pennsylvania State Employees. This included employees from the Department of Environmental Protection, Police Officers and other government workers. The conference was held this weekend and was an impressive event with a great turnout.

I was impressed by the quality and numerous questions I received during the Question and Answer session after my presentation.

I was honored to be invited to speak to such an amazing group with an interest in history and would like to share this wonderful experience with all of you.

Click or touch the link below to see pictures and video clips from the event:

https://twitter.com/April14th1865

Paige:

Thanks for this. It is more than nice. But here's a minor correction: Dr. Luke P. Blackburn did not try to assassinate Lincoln with an "infected" blanket, but with "infected" shirts, which were sent to the White House as a donation from an anonymous donor. The scheme was revealed by Godfrey Hyams at the trial of the conspirators. Also, please be careful about identifying Booth on the balcony at Lincoln's Second Inauguration; there are a lot of different opinions as to who, if anyone, is Booth in the famous photograph.

John

Mr. Fazio,

Thank you for viewing my speech. I am glad you enjoyed it!!!

I did not discuss Dr. Blackburn in my speech. But I thank you for your comments.
I also appreciate your opinion about Booth; it is great how we can all have our own opinions here and share them.
Again, many thanks for viewing my speech!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A GREAT DAY TO TALK HISTORY! - PaigeBooth - 09-18-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: A GREAT DAY TO TALK HISTORY! - PaigeBooth - 09-18-2016 01:23 PM
RE: A GREAT DAY TO TALK HISTORY! - L Verge - 09-18-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: A GREAT DAY TO TALK HISTORY! - ELCore - 09-19-2016, 11:08 AM