You Can Feel Their Presence Here!
07-25-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: You Can Feel Their Presence Here!
(07-25-2016 11:31 AM)PaigeBooth Wrote:  
(07-25-2016 07:09 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  You look like you were having lots of fun there! Did you enjoy the rations?

Hi Bill,
Yes, we had a great time! The rations, called "hominy" was actually corn that had been soaked and washed. He served it to us in an old cloth sack and I took a few kernels. It was very crunchy with little flavor, but it really gave you an idea of what the soldiers had to eat. After giving us his rations, the soldier put the hominy back into his pocket and, from his other pocket, pulled out what looked like a small piece of brown, twisted rope. Having never seen anything like this, I had no idea what it was. It was tobacco! Jokingly, the Confederate soldier offered me some; I politely had to refuse his offer.
These men portraying the Cofederates were so into it, they were literally sleeping in those tents you saw in my photo all weekend, eating only their rations, and continued marching over the battlefield even though it was 90 plus degrees that day. They were really getting a feel for the life of a soldier and totally enjoying every moment of it. Did you happen to notice the expressions of their faces in the photo they took with me? They really got into character.
I will post another video clip of these men later for you to see more.
next time give the tobacco to me. I've had good chewing practice from sticking an entire Big League Chew bag in my mouth on my way back from my college visit to SUNY Oneonta.

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: You Can Feel Their Presence Here! - Thomas Kearney - 07-25-2016 05:01 PM