John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY
03-31-2016, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 10:56 AM by STS Lincolnite.)
RE: John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY
Thanks Roger and Herb.

I was familiar with the statement about going to church from the Rockville lecture. As you alluded to Roger, what I was wondering about whether there was any corroborating evidence (witnesses, written records, etc.).

I always have felt Surratt was sort of a smarmy character so even when he may very well have been telling the truth, I just can't let go of some doubt about what he says. I just can't bring myself to wholly believe anything that came out of his mouth.

I wonder if there are any train schedule records that might still exist (maybe printed in old newspapers or elsewhere?). Maybe that would give some sort of tangential credibility to his claims. If in fact there were no trains that left until Monday morning like he said and if there was an inbound train on Saturday evening that would match up with what we know of his reported movements that would be something to work from.

Laurie, thanks for the tip about Schein's book. I have it, but have not yet read it. I will do a looksee in that section of the book.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY - HerbS - 03-30-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY - HerbS - 03-31-2016, 07:31 AM
RE: John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY - HerbS - 03-31-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY - STS Lincolnite - 03-31-2016 10:54 AM
RE: John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY - HerbS - 04-01-2016, 07:59 AM
RE: John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY - HerbS - 04-03-2016, 03:08 PM
RE: John Surratt in Canandaigua,NY - HerbS - 04-15-2016, 06:27 PM