(03-09-2016, 12:37 PM)L Verge Wrote: STOP THE PRESSES - CLOSE YOUR WALLET. I am retracting my semi-approval of the above book by Mr. Joyce. In determining whether or not to sell it in the Surratt House gift shop, we ran across several "questionable" bits of information. The one that shut us down completely was a statement that there is some speculation that John Wilkes Booth and Dr. Samuel A. Mudd had a sexual relationship.
After being addicted to the assassination story for over fifty years, I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever heard that tidbit! Would love to see a citation for that one.
I looked this up on Amazon, "Booth and His Assassins..." only one review, and not a good one.
Here it is:
"By SWalriven on January 8, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
This book provides nothing more than a cursory examination of the Lincoln Assassination and fails to produce any new information on the subject. Like other books written on the subject, this one is replete with typos, mistakes and the retelling of events which have little to no evidence for support, yet have somehow become accepted "facts". I would not recommend this book. By the way, who is Betty Ormsby?
For more information, go here.
http://www.amazon.com/Booth-His-Assassin...838&sr=1-1