Carrying Lincoln to the Petersen House
01-30-2016, 08:37 AM,
#6
RE: Carrying Lincoln to the Petersen House
I have not seen this bonnet in person, but I know that it is a "winter padded bonnet." I own one myself. They were worn expressively in winter as they were quilted and padded. Just why Mary would be wearing a quilted winter bonnet in hot July is beyond me, unless Anna simply grabbed the first bonnet she could to take to Mary in prison; or perhaps Mary was still wearing this bonnet in April when arrested. It could be worn in chilly, spring weather I would guess.... just my two cents.....

   

   

   

   

   

   

   
"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Carrying Lincoln to the Petersen House - by BettyO - 01-30-2016, 08:37 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)