Someone Has Stolen Lincoln's Hand
01-06-2016, 12:53 PM,
#6
RE: Someone Has Stolen Lincoln's Hand
Quote:Barnard (1863-1938), was a devoted fan of Lincoln and even planned on sculpting a giant statue of the president. The project was abandoned around the start of the Great Depression. The hands were curiously described by police as being the size of an 8 to 10 pound ham.

The author of the article obviously doesn't know much about George Grey Barnard.

I do like the reference to the 8 to 10 pound ham, however. Ida Tarbell defended Barnard's work as being closer to who Lincoln actually was than many statues in existence.

Best
Rob
Abraham Lincoln is the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Someone Has Stolen Lincoln's Hand - by RJNorton - 01-05-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: Someone Has Stolen Lincoln's Hand - by Rob Wick - 01-06-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Someone Has Stolen Lincoln's Hand - by Anita - 01-06-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: Someone Has Stolen Lincoln's Hand - by Anita - 05-12-2016, 04:32 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)