(11-02-2015, 04:24 PM)RobertLC Wrote: Heath,
I seem to recall that some years later Dr. Mudd admitted to a friend that he immediately recognized Booth when Booth arrived at his house that morning. However, I can't remember where I read it. Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but I'll try to find it.
Whether or not Booth told Mudd about the assassination, perhaps we'll never know.
Bob
Bob - I think you are referring to Samuel Cox, Jr.'s comment that Dr. Sam told him exactly that while the two were campaigning for a state political position years later.
As I have said before, the image of Booth trying to attach stage whiskers while trying to stay upright in the saddle of a speeding horse is rather farcical to me. Of course, I have been "stabbed" several times for daring to suggest that Mudd knew to expect Booth at some point because Herold had already alerted key people in Southern Maryland on April 12-13.