Friends of Rich Hill Website
09-26-2015, 10:09 AM
RE: Friends of Rich Hill Website
Eva,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. I went through and made several of the changes you suggested. I included a bit of a teaser about Rich Hill's connections to George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, changed some of the wording and the order of the bullets, and I also switched the header image to a different photograph that is hopefully a bit "warmer" than the previous one.

Yes, I did make the logo image but not by drawing it. Instead I took an old photograph of Rich Hill and played around with it in Photoshop for awhile until I got it to look something like a line drawing. While I agree that would be a good image to go at the top, the header image needs to be a long and relatively thin image. This was also the problem I was having finding a good header image because most of my pictures of Rich Hill are taken from a fairly close distance. When you have to take a picture like that and essentially cut the top and bottom off to make it thin, you get a very limited view of the house. The current header photo is pretty much the only one I have of the slightly restored house (meaning there are no gaping holes in the sides like there used to be) taken from enough distance away to still show the whole house when cropped. Unfortunately, my circular logo won't work up as a header. That's why I put it on the sidebar on the desktop view and near the bottom on the mobile view. When I get a chance to take more photos, or when we get more photos during the restoration, the header will change again.

Thank you again, Eva, for all the time you took to provide feedback for me. It is greatly appreciated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friends of Rich Hill Website - Dave Taylor - 09-25-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Friends of Rich Hill Website - BettyO - 09-25-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Friends of Rich Hill Website - BettyO - 09-25-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: Friends of Rich Hill Website - L Verge - 09-25-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Friends of Rich Hill Website - Dave Taylor - 09-26-2015 10:09 AM
RE: Friends of Rich Hill Website - L Verge - 09-26-2015, 11:24 AM