(07-19-2015, 01:22 AM)Jim Garrett Wrote: I have to say that talking with Tom and Mary, they have some very valid points that help point to some aspects that don't fit in with the extent of guilt that has been assigned to the good doctor.
It would be interesting to hold a moot court today.
A few years ago I purchased a book "Dr. Mudd and the Lincoln Assassination The Case Reopened", edited by John Paul Jones. It's one of the few books I never could get past the first chapter, so I never read it. It was one of the driest books I never read.
A bit to full of technical legal jargon for my taste, for example on page 17,
"A lawmaking power that the Supreme Court has denied Article III tribunals surely ought not be ascribed by this court to a tribunal empowered only by an inference from Article II".

And that was one of the more interesting passages.
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Mudd-Lincoln-As...assination
Unfortunately they just weren't able to translate a decent idea into an interesting book, so I can't recommend this one.