The uniqueness of Lincoln's beard
09-16-2012, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 04:39 PM by Joe Di Cola.)
RE: The uniqueness of Lincoln's beard
(09-16-2012 12:00 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Laurie: so it sounds safe to say that after TR- no other presidents had the facial hair. Many men nowadays wear facial hair. Yet, no president in the last 100+ years has done so. So it can't merely be fashion dictating this long-running trend-is it? By the way, I think Truman probably looked good with a goatee.

One more after TR--William Howard Taft--after that, no more facial hair.

(09-16-2012 04:34 PM)Joe Di Cola Wrote:  
(09-16-2012 12:00 PM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Laurie: so it sounds safe to say that after TR- no other presidents had the facial hair. Many men nowadays wear facial hair. Yet, no president in the last 100+ years has done so. So it can't merely be fashion dictating this long-running trend-is it? By the way, I think Truman probably looked good with a goatee.

Oops, I should have read Laurie's post--she mentioned Taft. Sorry!

Did anyone mention Grover Cleveland--mustache for both terms

Did anyone mention Grover Cleveland--mustache for both terms

Just for fun, does Nixon's five o'clock shadow count? I'll go sit in the corner now!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The uniqueness of Lincoln's beard - Joe Di Cola - 09-16-2012 04:34 PM