President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862
09-23-2014, 04:20 PM,
#60
RE: President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862
I don't have an answer, but I'm going to pose another question: I am not a Presidential scholar, but how did Grant feel about what he had to do? Or FDR and Truman, who had to approve one of the most horrible war weapons known to man? Or Eisenhower? Has anyone written on how deep their faith was? Did they (and Lincoln) place their faith in an almighty God who would sanction their actions - or did they hold themselves solely responsible for the actions taken?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: President Lincoln and the Sioux Indian uprising in Minnesota in 1862 - by L Verge - 09-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Lincoln and the Dakotas - by L Verge - 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Lincoln and the Dakotas - by David Lockmiller - 08-13-2013, 12:31 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)