History Channel - Booth's Pistol
09-17-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: History Channel - Booth's Pistol
The Clara Harris picture will likely never go away completely. The internet has spread it around so much and so many people believe it to be Clara despite it having no supporting documentation. Perhaps if the Archives removed the annotation completely sites like Wikipedia would stop using it and then it could slowly fall out of favor, but I doubt that would happen.

The knife on the other hand, WILL get changed *he says confidently but with nothing substantial to back it up*. I truly believe that eventually, all the pestering Ford's Theatre (both the Society and the NPS) gets, will force someone to make the switch. It's just about finding the person who will take the authority and do it. I know Jim, Wes, and I are certainly trying.

One of these days, I'll post my in depth article that I wrote for the Courier on my blog. Perhaps that will help the message get a wider reach. Also I know a few of the higher ups at the Ford's Theatre Society read my blog and it might help motivate them to contact the NPS about it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: History Channel - Booth's Pistol - Dave Taylor - 09-17-2014 05:51 PM