Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed
09-01-2014, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 06:36 PM by loetar44.)
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed
(09-01-2014 05:10 PM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  Kees, I am so sorry and heartbroken for you to have lost not only a brother...but your twin! :(It's very generous and brave of you to share this information with us here..thank you.

Thank you so much for your kind and comforting words. I appreciate that very much. It was a severe blow and loosing my twin brother caused a never healing wound inside me. Thank you once again! Re. Tad, after reading your mail I tend to believe that you are right, and that you never can compare situations with each other because the circumstances are always different. But in general it is still my believe that you must never deny a child to grieve in his own unique way, so they can express their grief. In all matters of death it's so difficult to allow yourself to speak from your heart, not just your head. And in Tad's case people spoke more from head than from heart. I always suspected Stanton gave a kind of "order" to withhold Tad (and his mother). In any case I think we can agree that Tad had to go after his father's death a journey that was for him frightening, painful and overwhelming.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed - Hess1865 - 08-29-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed - loetar44 - 09-01-2014 06:31 PM