Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed
09-01-2014, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 04:20 PM by loetar44.)
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed
(08-31-2014 04:50 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Wow, Kees! I've once tried this, but less successfully (two ?? were left).
I just spotted Dr. Robert K. Stone is 7.+15 in your list. Don't know if this helps, these are the names on the bottom of the Berghaus engraving as I could figure out:
-left half:
Mr. J. Ulike - Mr. H. Ulike - Mr. G. Welles - Mr. Farnsworth/Mr Farnsworth Jr. - Chief Justice Chase/Surgeon Stone (?) - Mr. Colfax - Postmaster Dennisson (?)

-right half, from the left:
Mr. Proctor - Mr Peterson - Charles Sumner - Robert Lincoln - ...F....(???)/Surgeon General Barnes - ? (General Meigs?) - Surgeon Crane - General Halleck - Mr. Safford - Mr. Stanton

Thanks Eva! 7 and 15 (in my key) ???? Of course that's a mistake, sorry, don't know why I gave two persons the same name. (7) is Dr. Stone and (15) is (I'm sure) Rufus F. Andrews, Surveyor of the port of New York during the Lincoln administration.

(5) Petersen Jr. ---- I'm pretty sure

(16) Augur? That was a difficult one. I've made a new examination by inverting the picture and using blue and red filters. Augur is definitely not right as you suspected. However Meigs is also not right, because there is no "g" in the name. There are 5 letters and the name is beginning with "M" and has an "a" in it. It's Gen. Meade (I'm sure)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed - Hess1865 - 08-29-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed - loetar44 - 09-01-2014 03:51 PM