Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed
08-31-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed
Dying and death are natural processes in the circle of life. I think it was wrong to withhold Tad to say his final goodbye to his dying father, he loved so much. In general and historically, children have always been at the bedside of the dying, and in many parts of the world, they still are. Yet, in the West, children often are not involved in the final stages of a parent's (or sibling's) life. One reason for this is the reluctance of many adults to expose children to the process of dying, often out of a concern for their well-being. However, excluding children from the bedside of a dying close relative can have unintended effects. I.e. many children will imagine scenes that are much worse than the reality of seeing the dying. Therefore give children always the chance to witness the dying process first hand, of course in the presence of supportive adults. This experience can go a long way toward helping them understand what is happening and will support them in their grieving process. Tad was not given that and that was in my opinion wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed - Hess1865 - 08-29-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Pictorial representations Lincoln’s deathbed - loetar44 - 08-31-2014 09:56 AM