Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary
08-03-2014, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 07:22 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary
(07-31-2014 01:53 AM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  I hate the fact that AL is in a block of concrete. I can't help it, I continue to hope that science will find a way to "free" him one day. As it stands only a bomb could blow it open at this point.
I uttermost agree on this - even if it's "just" the remains. When I first read of the 20 feet of concrete I was shocked and thought I got that wrong somehow. I instantly thought about how it would feel like lying therein alive.
(07-31-2014 09:30 PM)Chris Ryder Wrote:  I could understand an argument where people would want the body to actually reside in the sarcophagus on display...There seemed to be a lot of people with the morbid curiosity to come up with excuses to view the body. Understandably there are even more people today who would want that opportunity and develop the perfect excuse to do so? The opportunity to be the new, last person to view his body. If Jesus is the most written about person in the world and President Lincoln is second, wouldn't that also be the order of who people would also like to see with their own eyes more than any other person?
My fear - let sufficient time pass, and everyone will be able to view the body. The ancient Egyptians who buried their kings and priests deep in the depths of the pyramids wouldn't be "amuzed" to know them on display like this now at the British Museum and elsewhere:

BTW, I asked this once and received no reply, maybe someone will know now: Mary wasn't embalmed, was she?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary - Angela - 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary - Eva Elisabeth - 08-03-2014 07:21 PM