Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary
07-30-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary
Certainly, ask all of the questions you would like...as long as the forum moderator thinks it is appropriate. It is motivating to see the enthusiasm.

The Indiegogo campaign is live for about 10 more days. After that is an option to extend it, or we might try Kickstarter. In addition it will be 'grass roots', presenting the campaign to other organizations. Since I am at PBS, the world of fundraising is familar, but I seriously detest soliciting funds (pledge drives are insane). I think as a Capitalist and believe if someone contributes they should get a fair value in return, which is why the pre-orders are affordable, will be one of a kind, and include the soundtrack cd.
Unfortunately the campaign is starting off a little sluggish and the fundraising will likely endure throughout production. Point being, for those who want to order the DVD or Blu-ray in advance, it would be extremely helpful...and they will get something more unique compared to future prints of the DVD and Blu-ray. However, since we have a current total of 29 pledges on Indiegogo, the first batches look like they will last a while for those who wish to wait. I'll refrain from soliciting on this forum from here on out. Smile

I have the production elements split into tiers, meaning if this much is raised, we do this, if this much is raised, we implement that. Tier 1 covers the base costs including the expenses of DVD and Blu-ray replication. A minimum of 1,000 DVD's and 500 Blu-rays have to be ordered to make the fees affordable. It also includes the cover art and design, the fees for the soundtrack commission, and the professional voiceover narration.

To address Angela's question, the 3D rendering will be included in Tier 2. I will likely be working with an animation company based out of St. Louis, MO. If there is not enough money, my production partner might create the renders with a software called Maxon 4D. I hope we get to Tier 2 since we have a good chance of receiving blueprint copies from the IL Capital Development Board. Worse case, we measure the existing tomb and gather as much data to calculate where the coffin lies now in relation to the tomb. I think we are well past the threat of anyone being able to break through the concrete, and the LMA did not have any objections to the renderings.

As mentioned before, this is going to be produced no matter what. The main differences between Tier 1 through Tier 4 in fundraising are really embellishments and icing on the cake. The core message and story will be solid regardless.

Last, to fulfill my Indiegogo obligations, there will be a screening next Spring in Springfield. I've been encouraged by others to hold screenings in different parts of the Midwest as well. I don't know the exact dates or venues...they will be determined as soon as I am able.

If you have any more questions and are hesitant to post them here, feel free to send me an email to info@autumnleafpro.com

Thanks again. Chris.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary - Angela - 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary - Chris Ryder - 07-30-2014 08:16 PM