Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary
07-30-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary
Hello,

Thank you for the kind responses. The music was originally a scratch track just to get a pace for the teaser video. After I received some images from the LMA and inserted them into the edit, the music ended up fitting very well. It is stock music, which works for a teaser campaign for a documentary which has yet to be produced, but the actual film soundtrack will be composed of originally recorded compositions.
Given that, since I have had such positive feedback on this music with the effective crescendo, I will be working with Jeb Hart (soundtrack producer) on similar orchestrations. The opening credits will definitely be orchestral and somber...depicting the route of the funeral train. When the train arrives in Springfield, the beginning credits end, and the film begins.

To address another post, the LMA has over 500 photos of the tomb re-construction. They are all from the 1930's just prior to the President Hoover re-dedication.
Fortunately one of your members, in addition to a former employee at the IL Capital Development Board mentioned prior, has offered photos of the original monument and earlier refurbishments.

Sometimes there is little rhyme or reason on which crowdfunding projects are successful. I have an uphill climb with this. However, as an editor for a PBS station, I have learned how to create much with very litttle. I am a very difficult person to please and when I meet my own expectations with this film, I believe the majority of you will be happy as well.

I know the LMA budget is tight, and the reason why I opted not to use the money they budgeted for the film. I want zero financial risk for the LMA, and in exchange for their confidence and looking at the bigger picture, the least I could do was give them the rights.
I might have to sell my DeLorean to pay for this!, but selfishly is exactly where I want to be and will allow me to pursue more of these similar type projects in the future. This film will be completed no matter what.

Thank you again and I will add updates to the website as more details emerge.

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary - Angela - 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: Abraham Lincoln Tomb Documentary - Chris Ryder - 07-30-2014 02:48 PM