Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero
08-26-2012, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2012 09:58 AM by Natty.)
RE: Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero
Betty! You crack me up! Smile
Don't worry, you can insist on casting "you" yourself. Tongue

Yeah, it's amazing how much history is packed into that little short Lewis life! It's like he covers all the bases of the Civil War with one sweep - another great factor for a possible movie; you wouldn't have to invent anything to make it interesting! The story is pretty much complete on its own - all it needs in the right angle and "atmosphere".
Craig - Thank you for your comment! It made me think, particularly about all the movies I've ever watched where Hollywood was able to do precisely that - to take a character who has serious flaws or commits atrocious acts and somehow make the audience understand that person. A great film would not make us condone his actions, but enable us to understand the person behind them, thereby creating a form of sympathy that transcends beyond the mere focus on the act of the crime itself.
If such a film were made and skillfully constructed, it would have potential for greatness.
I don't know what Hollywood thinks about it, however! Haha. I have no connections there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero - Natty - 08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero - Natty - 08-26-2012 09:56 AM