Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero
08-26-2012, 05:50 AM
RE: Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero
(08-25-2012 11:52 AM)Natty Wrote:  I wonder why no one has considered making a movie about Lewis.

I mean, think about it for a moment - Lewis' life is basically a dormant recipe waiting to be turned into a blockbuster.

It would be a new perspective on an old story and the first attempt to understand the young man who ended up committed to a kidnap plan and finally driven in an erroneous attempt to right the wrongs done to his government by attempting to kill the Secretary of State. It would touch on elements that have universally guaranteed commercial success for productions throughout film history.

It would have action, intrigue, mystery, scandal, romance, horror, courtroom drama and tragedy.

Such a motion picture can contemplate the complexity of his character; he is troubled, yet inherently good, he is full of honor, but allows himself to be misled and in the end his tumultuous path is cut short by his heroic journey to a most dishonorable death. He was the James Dean of the 19th Century.

Am I the only one who would want to see a movie about Lewis Powell?

What is most amazing is that all the above is done and dusted by the age of 21.

It was all I could do to go to Sainsbury's on me own at that age!Big Grin

‘I’ve danced at Abraham Lincoln’s birthday bash... I’ve peaked.’
Leigh Boswell - The Open Doorway.
http://earthkandi.blogspot.co.uk/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero - Natty - 08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Lewis Powell: The Tragic Anti-Hero - MaddieM - 08-26-2012 05:50 AM