Booth/St. Helens 1904 facial comparison
04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Booth/St. Helens 1904 facial comparison
A mix up of names here. John St.Helen lived in Granbury, Texas in the early 1870s. David E. George (Note use of conspirator's names David (Herold) George E. (Atzerodt.) lived and died in Enid, Oklahoma in 1903.

In my "mummy" files I have a copy of a letter Mrs. Finis Bates wrote to Henry Ford in 1922 offering to sell him the mummy for $1,500. Ford declined. (Since Ford had purchased the chair Lincoln was assassinated in. Mrs. Bates assumed he would want the mummy.)

I also have copies of over a dozen letters from Henry Ford to various Ford dealers in the Midwest. He is ordering them to track down specific people that may know something about "Booth the mummy." Ford supplied the names for his dealers to interview and the dealers sent him transcripts of the interviews. The transcripts are lost, but I have copies of the letters from the dealers offering a synopsis of their interviews. In his conclusion, Ford did not feel that the mummy was really Booth.

Rick Brown
HistoryBuff.com
A Nonprofit Organization

PS: If any of you know of any Civil War Musters or Historical Festivals in the Michigan, Indiana, Ohio or Illinois being held this summer, please provide me with the name and address for the contact person for the event. I have prepared a custom DVD with condensed videos of what I have to offer to add to their event.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Booth/St. Helens 1904 facial comparison - historybuff22 - 04-18-2014 08:18 PM