Missing Plane and Mysteries of the Lincoln Assassination
03-31-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Missing Plane and Mysteries of the Lincoln Assassination
(03-29-2014 11:23 PM)LincolnToddFan Wrote:  And last but not least....who stole Nanny and Nanko, his beloved pet goats, after his funeral??! They were directed by Mary to be taken to the Montgomery Blair home in Silver Spring but my fear is that they landed on someone's dinner table instead!Angry

Toia, I have tried to find what happened with the goats, but I am drawing a blank. Is it certain the goats were still there in 1865? On August 8, 1863, Abraham Lincoln wrote a letter to Mary (who was away). Regarding the goats he wrote:

"Tell dear Tad, poor 'Nanny Goat', is lost; and Mrs. Cuthbert & I are in distress about it. The day you left Nanny was found resting herself, and chewing her little cud, on the middle of Tad's bed. But now she's gone! The gardener kept complaining that she destroyed the flowers, till it was concluded to bring her down to the White House. This was done, and the second day she had disappeared, and has not been heard of since. This is the last we know of poor 'Nanny'."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missing Plane and Mysteries of the Lincoln Assassination - RJNorton - 03-31-2014 10:56 AM