Similarities between Lincoln and Tupac.
10-13-2013, 06:27 PM,
#11
RE: Similarities between Lincoln and Tupac.
(10-13-2013, 05:57 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote: Linda, as for Lincoln, Macbeth and dreams - when A. L. told about the dream of the president who had died in this White House and that afterwards he opened the Bible at the chapter of Jacob's dream, he said:"...somehow the thing has got possession of me, and, like Banquo's ghost, it will not down."

Thanks, Eva. I looked it up and strangely enough the ghost of Banquo, whom Macbeth has arranged to have murdered, enters the play and sits in Macbeth's seat (Macbeth is talking at the door with the murderers) directly after the "sauce to meat is ceremony line" that Booth quotes in his diary.

Dave Taylor posted another Macbeth quote in the "Notes on Booth's Diary" thread that he started today. Booth is comparing himself to Macbeth but Macbeth killed King Duncan for his (Macbeth's) own ambition, not because Duncan was a tyrant.

This is a quote from Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 7 in which Macbeth states:

"They have tied me to a stake. I cannot fly,
But, bearlike, I must fight the course. What’s he
That was not born of woman? Such a one
Am I to fear, or none"
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Similarities between Lincoln and Tupac. - by Hess1865 - 10-11-2013, 09:37 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)