Lincoln and Songs
10-05-2013, 05:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 06:11 PM by Anita.)
#7
RE: Lincoln and Songs
(10-05-2013, 01:00 PM)Gene C Wrote:
(10-04-2013, 11:07 PM)Anita Wrote: Your prize is an e-trip to the Cigar Box Guitar Museum http://www.bellyjellymusic.com/cigar-box...useum.html and a cigar box. There are many free plans on the web for making your own instrument.

Just got back from the museum. Quite interesting. Learned how to make a cigar box guitar. Since I don't smoke, I'm going to try and make a Whitman Sampler box guitar. If it doesn't work I can at least eat the candy.

Why didn't I think of that! I didn't know Whitman's has been around since 1842! Whitman's first newspaper advertisement, a novelty during the era, appeared on December 29th, 1860. You can buy a collectors box for your guitar on eBay(sans candy).

Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lincoln and Songs - by Anita - 10-04-2013, 09:04 PM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by Gene C - 10-04-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by Anita - 10-04-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by Gene C - 10-05-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by Anita - 10-05-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by RJNorton - 10-05-2013, 05:14 AM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by Joe Di Cola - 10-05-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by Eva Elisabeth - 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Lincoln and Songs - by Anita - 10-05-2013, 06:12 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)