What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project?
08-12-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project?
(08-12-2012 07:46 AM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  I don't know if the Meltzer group has ever filed any paperwork anywhere. They filmed their episode in front of Walter Reed. They never called Nat'l Museum of Health and Medicine, never made any kind of request of them. Alan Hawk, curator, didn't know anything about new interest. The response from NMHM is always the same. We will turn over the vertibrae for analysis, all they need is a court order.

I believe that Meltzer and his History Decoded attempts were pretty well laughed off the television screen. When I was interviewed by their three investigators, they were quite interested in correct history; but every time they would ask a question with that bend to it, their young, female director would have a fit and yell, "Cut." We even found a barn for them to film, and my staff historian, Joan Chaconas, went along for that shoot. She got the same opinion that they were doctoring the story. Imagine that!

As for the medical museum, when this whole thing started into the courts of Maryland in the early 1990s, the then-curator of NMHM was adamant that the vertebrae would not be disturbed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project? - L Verge - 08-12-2012 12:40 PM