One more post, on one broken leg.
09-22-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg.
(09-22-2013 02:24 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  
(09-21-2013 10:00 PM)Anita Wrote:  When witnesses say Booth jumped from the front of the box, where is that? Was it just to the right of Mary or the left of Lincoln? Did Rathbone describe exactly where he attacked Booth?
As for Rathbone, was Booth able to see through the spy-hole he had drilled who was in the box with Lincoln? Did he drill it to find that out? Was he able to see Major Rathbone? He just knew the Grants would not be there, but since the Lincolns' mostly found someone to accompany them (instead), Booth must have taken in consideration that he would possibly even face more than one male companion and thus the risk of being restrained.

BTW, is it true O'Laughlen boarded the same train to Philadelphia as the Grants?
Eva, it's not known for sure who put the hole in the door but Booth would have used it to his advantage. There are a number of accounts. Rathbone's testimony says door 8 was open the entire time. http://boothiebarn.com/2012/06/10/though...-rathbone/

Booth had planned to shoot Lincoln and stab Grant. He depended on surprise and his ability to do the job before others had a chance to react. His ego was great and he was determined. I don't think he entertained failure.

I believe O'Laughlen boarded the same train the Grants took to Philadelphia but the Grants had a private locked car so no attack took place. Others on this forum know more about this than me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Hess1865 - 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Anita - 09-22-2013 04:31 PM