What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project?
08-11-2012, 09:49 PM
RE: What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project?
I wish I knew. I keep telling myself that, if the State of Maryland, turned down exhumation over ten years ago, the State of Massachusetts would do the same for Edwin now.

However, Surratt House recently sponsored a trip to the new National Museum of Health and Medicine at the relocated campus of Walter Reed Army Hospital. Booth's vertebrae is not on display as it used to be. That was one of the targets that they were expecting to seek for a sample.

When it was reported back to me that it was missing from the display, I wrote to the director of the museum as to why it is not on display and have heard nothing. That was about two months ago. One of the bus trips in our March conference will be to that museum, and I did mention in the letter that it would be nice to have the vertebrae back on display.

So far, no one has ever mentioned the cost of doing the DNA and who would pay for it? Also, there was an effort to obtain a sample of supposedly Lincoln's blood from a pillowcase in Pennsylvania in order to satisfy Dr. Sotos, I believe? Whatever happened to that request? The last I heard there was supposed to be a panel convened to make that decision.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the latest on the Booth DNA Project? - L Verge - 08-11-2012 09:49 PM