One more post, on one broken leg.
09-13-2013, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 07:41 PM by Rob Wick.)
RE: One more post, on one broken leg.
I've sat here with detached amusement as this thread plays itself out. I've resisted commenting simply for the reason Dave mentioned earlier, i.e., that no amount of comment can change a mind already made up, especially if it doesn't accept known and proven facts. Before I begin writing on Tarbell this weekend, I had to complete two book reviews for the Lincoln Herald. One was Ed Steers' book Hoax. At the end of the review I wrote the following, which sums up my views on this issue.

One can only hope that Steers’ work will help snuff out much of the misinformation which refuses to die and is allowed a wider venue with the advent of the Internet. Given that we still live in a society where people are firmly convinced that Abraham Lincoln was the son of Abraham Enloe or John C. Calhoun, or that John Wilkes Booth somehow escaped capture after killing Lincoln, it doesn’t look promising.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Rob Wick - 09-13-2013 07:40 PM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Hess1865 - 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM