One more post, on one broken leg.
09-12-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg.
Dave asks, " Help me with your timeline, Troy. When did Booth and Boyd supposedly switch places?" Dave, until today I have never heard of the idea that Booth and Boyd deliberately changed places. But, you are asking me, and my answer is--never. Booth and Boyd didn't get-together and decide to switch places.

Going along with this idea, Gene says that the dead man at the Garrett's house had on Booth's clothes. Again, I have never heard anyone say this until today. The dead man on the porch had on Confederate gray trousers and Confederate yellow brogans. He (Boyd) did have many items that belonged to Booth in his possession. Booth was transported from the Lucas farm to the Rappahannock River crossing lying down in a wagon with an improvised false bottom. During the trip many items were lost from Booth's clothing. Later, Boyd was asked to retrieve them and that is why they were in his possession.

Dave, gong back to your original question. At the porch, when Boyd died, Edward Doherty made the switch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Troy Cowan - 09-12-2013 07:00 PM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Hess1865 - 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM