One more post, on one broken leg.
09-12-2013, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 10:20 AM by Gene C.)
RE: One more post, on one broken leg.
(09-11-2013 09:22 PM)Troy Cowan Wrote:  Gene said, "The guy shot at Garrett's did have on Booth's boot, right?'

No! he had on a pair of boots. When the body was given to the Booth family for burial, the body sewn in the blankets had a boot on each foot.

Wow, that contradicts my source of the underlined book. What is your source? So the dead guy at Garrett's had on Booth's clothes (except for his boots), had Booth's stick pin, photo's of a bunch of Booth's girl friends, Booth's diary, and a few other odds and ends of Booth's, but it wasn't Booth. And Davey never tells anyone any of this, or he did tell, but whoever he told (except for his sisters' ex boy friend) also kept it a secret and never told anyone, not even 30-150 years later. And Lafayette Baker and crew, everyone in the cavalry patrol and working with Stanton also keep it a secret. To many people know to much. Your scenario sounds slightly implausible.

But...if the Yanks completely change Boyd's clothes after they shot him with the ones of Booth's (or claim to be Booth's) they brought along with them (that was smart thinking), and they threaten Davey to keep quiet or they will revoke his hunting license for southern MD, it just might work.

I just can't figure out why Booth/Boyd's last words were "Lucy, Lucy"? (Just kidding Laurie, Smile)
- It's all explained in the underlined book. (I've stored it in the freezer for safe keeping)

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Gene C - 09-12-2013 10:01 AM
RE: One more post, on one broken leg. - Hess1865 - 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM