A red letter day!
08-09-2012, 08:52 PM,
#3
RE: A red letter day!
Bill,

I think the copy of the speech in Tarbell's papers was actually notes taken by someone and wasn't Sandburg's copy. The last line was by the transcriptionist who couldn't keep up and finally gave up.

Best
Rob
Abraham Lincoln is the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Reply


Messages In This Thread
A red letter day! - by Rob Wick - 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: A red letter day! - by LincolnMan - 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: A red letter day! - by Rob Wick - 08-09-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: A red letter day! - by LincolnMan - 08-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)