Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
07-29-2013, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 10:49 PM by SSlater.)
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
Laurie, Charles Hamilton Cawood. (1825 - 1871/73). His father: John Benjamin Fendall Cawood (1799- 1870). His mother: Catherine Hamilton Kendrick. (1801 - 1854). Her father: Zacharia Kendrick (1755 - 1870), Her mother: Chloe Hamilton (1779 - 1831)

The "Point". In 1880, the Maryland Fisheries Commission, moved their fish Hatchery from Fort Washington, MD (the north side, at the mouth of Pascataway Creek) to the south side (at the mouth) which was Moxley's Point. Today that point is Mockley Point. That clears up that.

If you choose - Google "Marshall Hall". Read the history. Marshall Hall fell into disfavor with the Mount Vernon Ladies Association, because they had a "Disney Land" operation with rides, swimming, etc. and SLOT MACHINES. This was a disgraceful view from Mount Vernon. If you have time, Google E. Pliny Bryan. Very difficult reading. But it tell of his history. {Laurie: When Pliny's father died, the family moved to the Surratt Tavern and stayed with friends _ where is that, I forget.}
Later,their home was on Piscataway Road in Clinton.

It is difficult to figure out who lived where, at what time. The Bryans lived further south, on the Potomac. The Manor Ruins are on the grounds of the Community College. That's almost LaPlata, MD, but they owned land up near Piscataway Creek. If anyone figures this out, please let me know. (At one time this land was owned by John Augustine Washington - from Mt. Vernon, across the river)

I'll work on this at another time. If I can, I will answer questions, now.

(07-29-2013 10:42 PM)SSlater Wrote:  Laurie, Charles Hamilton Cawood. (1825 - 1871/73). His father: John Benjamin Fendall Cawood (1799- 1870). His mother: Catherine Hamilton Kendrick. (1801 - 1854). Her father: Zacharia Kendrick (1755 - 1870), Her mother: Chloe Hamilton (1779 - 1831)

The "Point". In 1880, the Maryland Fisheries Commission, moved their fish Hatchery from Fort Washington, MD (the north side, at the mouth of Pascataway Creek) to the south side (at the mouth) which was Moxley's Point. Today that point is Mockley Point. That clears up that.

If you choose - Google "Marshall Hall". Read the history. Marshall Hall fell into disfavor with the Mount Vernon Ladies Association, because they had a "Disney Land" operation with rides, swimming, etc. and SLOT MACHINES. This was a disgraceful view from Mount Vernon. If you have time, Google E. Pliny Bryan. Very difficult reading. But it tell of his history. {Laurie: When Pliny's father died, the family moved to the Surratt Tavern and stayed with friends _ where is that, I forget.}
Later,their home was on Piscataway Road in Clinton.

It is difficult to figure out who lived where, at what time. The Bryans lived further south, on the Potomac. The Manor Ruins are on the grounds of the Community College. That's almost LaPlata, MD, but they owned land up near Piscataway Creek. If anyone figures this out, please let me know. (At one time this land was owned by John Augustine Washington - from Mt. Vernon, across the river)

I'll work on this at another time. If I can, I will answer questions, now.

PS. Laurie, why are you asking question on this. You are quoted, on Google, for providing some of the history on these cats.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war? - SSlater - 07-29-2013 10:42 PM