Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
07-29-2013, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 01:10 AM by SSlater.)
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
Where is Moxley's Point - where Cawood died? I have a problem. Either someone copied the name wrong, or the name has been changed. It appears that Moxley's Point is really Mockley Point, MD It is located on the South shore at the entrance to Piscataway Creek.
(The Creek runs in an East-West direction. The North side is Fort Washington Park. That will show on road maps).
This is very interesting, because Cawood's family home was at Piscataway, Md - just a wee bit east of the creek. I will do some more searching and pin-point his old home, on a readable map..
This suggests to me that when Cawood's marriage ended, between Dec. 1865 and 1867, he just went home.
Now my searching will concentrate on Prince Georges County - for a grave. I'll get a "Real Estate" map of that immediate area, and see where that goes.

(07-29-2013 12:36 AM)SSlater Wrote:  Where is Moxley's Point - where Cawood died? I have a problem. Either someone copied the name wrong, or the name has been changed. It appears that Moxley's Point is really Mockley Point, MD It is located on the South shore at the entrance to Piscataway Creek.
(The Creek runs in an East-West direction. The North side is Fort Washington Park. That will show on road maps).
This is very interesting, because Cawood's family home was at Piscataway, Md - just a wee bit east of the creek. I will do some more searching and pin-point his old home, on a readable map..
This suggests to me that when Cawood's marriage ended, between Dec. 1865 and 1867, he just went home.
Now my searching will concentrate on Prince Georges County - for a grave. I'll get a "Real Estate" map of that immediate area, and see where that goes.
Laurie. "Mockley Point" is part of the National Colonial Farm. You go down "Bryan Point Road" to the park. There is no road out the Mockley Point. Wasn't the Farm the home of E. Pliney Bryant? Now I need to find out what was Cawood doing out there?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war? - SSlater - 07-29-2013 12:36 AM