Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
07-27-2013, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013 12:57 AM by scldrgnfly.)
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
Would the Port Tobacco newspaper have anything? I was also wondering if the son, Edward just might have been sent to the grandparents for a while? ...and turn up on a census record in MD. I am not at home right now, but one, I seemed to have run across somebody living near an MD neighbor, and two, I had found one of the children of Thomas Lloyd staying with my great-great grandmother during the early years of the Civil War, when, I think, his parents felt it safe to be there. They were all reunited after the Civil War, though, with younger children added to the family

The mother and father's activities were rather interesting and tie into what I am working on.

Just wondering.....was he a Catholic, too? I know it was said, I think, but it's a bit busy for me right now.

I LOVE you guys!!!

This is solo much fun!!

Has anyone tried the GOOGLE EARTH 3D Map...it is CRAZY!! If you can download it, it makes all of the houses and shrubs pop up...Henderson the term 3D! Ha! Ha!

Walking down the streets as that little avatar is even more fun!!

My daughter and I were in DC the other day and I immediately found St. Dominick's, where both Mary Surratt and John Lloyd and his wife once attended and the corner where John Lloyd, his wife, my great aunt and Mrs. Offutt once lived together. The corner of the HUD Building is there, now.

Til next time.

Martha
(07-26-2013 10:43 PM)SSlater Wrote:  Ms Cawood. I don't like to be "picky-picky", but the information you provided is so critical to us - that we have to get it right. Your first reference said, He died 1871. Then your next four references said it was 1873. (the "Whig", the "Sun", then when you spoke of Cawood's son, and again in that same sentence). You are the only one who knows - which is correct?.

I am hunting for "Moxley's Point". I did find that it is on the Potomac, in Maryland, and somewhere between Washington and Marshall Hall, MD. That's getting close to his family home in the Piscataway area. I need to find a boating chart, for this area. Road Maps do not show that kind of information.

I'm betting that the 1871 date, is correct. (Thus, it will be easier to find the Newspaper obit.)

Would the Port Tobacco newspaper have anything? I was also wondering if the son, Edward just might have been sent to the grandparents for a while? ...and turn up on a census record in MD. I am not at home right now, but one, I seemed to have run across somebody living near an MD neighbor, and two, I had found one of the children of Thomas Lloyd staying with my great-great grandmother during the early years of the Civil War, when, I think, his parents felt it safe to be there. They were all reunited after the Civil War, though, with younger children added to the family

The mother and father's activities were rather interesting and tie into what I am working on.

Just wondering.....was he a Catholic, too? I know it was said, I think, but it's a bit busy for me right now.

I LOVE you guys!!!

This is solo much fun!!

Has anyone tried the GOOGLE EARTH 3D Map...it is CRAZY!! If you can download it, it makes all of the houses and shrubs pop up...Henderson the term 3D! Ha! Ha!

Walking down the streets as that little avatar is even more fun!!

My daughter and I were in DC the other day and I immediately found St. Dominick's, where both Mary Surratt and John Lloyd and his wife once attended and the corner where John Lloyd, his wife, my great aunt and Mrs. Offutt once lived together. The corner of the HUD Building is there, now.

Til next time.

Martha
(07-26-2013 10:43 PM)SSlater Wrote:  Ms Cawood. I don't like to be "picky-picky", but the information you provided is so critical to us - that we have to get it right. Your first reference said, He died 1871. Then your next four references said it was 1873. (the "Whig", the "Sun", then when you spoke of Cawood's son, and again in that same sentence). You are the only one who knows - which is correct?.

I am hunting for "Moxley's Point". I did find that it is on the Potomac, in Maryland, and somewhere between Washington and Marshall Hall, MD. That's getting close to his family home in the Piscataway area. I need to find a boating chart, for this area. Road Maps do not show that kind of information.

I'm betting that the 1871 date, is correct. (Thus, it will be easier to find the Newspaper obit.)

I meant I think I had found a Cawood in MD near one of my relatives, not a neighbor, of course. I am doing this from my phone, and even in the best of circumstances my skills are less than optimal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war? - scldrgnfly - 07-27-2013 12:53 AM