Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
07-22-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war?
Dear K.,

That's some wonderful detective work! It's funny how some little detail or connection helps EVERYONE "connect-the-dots!"

You don't have any family annecdotes that you might like to share. I think I may be speaking for everyone, we love that stuff.

Martha Edwards Smith

(07-22-2013 10:58 AM)k.cawood Wrote:  I really only accidently came across your web site and wanted to answer the question about what happened to Charles H. Cawood. I had done research on Charles H. Cawood several years ago and added this to the family files. It seems Charles H. Cawood did not live to long after the Civil War and died July 12, 1871. Thought you might appreciate my efforts.

DEATH OF AN EX-CONFEDERATE.

Lieut. Charles H. Cawood, died at Moxley’s Point, Captain Guy’s fishing shore, on Saturday night last, after a somewhat protracted illness. He was a member of Company A 17th Virginia Infantry, but was transferred from that command in June 1862, and made sergeant in the signal corps, in which service he was afterwards promoted to a Lieutenancy. Alexandria Gazette

Date: Friday, July 18, 1873

Appearing also in:

Date: Wednesday, July 16, 1873

MARRIED.

Cawood – Macon – At the residence of Dr. John Friend, in this city, by the Rev. Geo. Woodbridge, lieut. C. H. Cawood of the C. S. Signal Corps, formerly of Prince George’s county, Md., to Mrs. L. J. Macon. Baltimore Gazette please copy.

Date: March 14, 1865

Transribed by: Kimberly Cawood
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone know what Cawood did after the war? - scldrgnfly - 07-22-2013 03:02 PM