Back from vacation!
07-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Back from vacation!
Hello everybody! I trust the summer is going well for all. I just returned home from vacation in the Copper Harbor area of Northern Michigan. Frankly, I'm exhausted. I think I need a vacation from my vacation! Anyway, the weather was decent- not too hot and minimal rain. However, my thoughts went to Lincoln regarding his "fighting" with the mosquitoes in the Black Hawk war. The mosquitoes were the worst I've ever seen. It made it difficult to be outdoors for very long- as they literally swarmed us. How did Lincoln and our ancestors ever deal with the pesky bugs? They certainly couldn't purchase cans of OFF! I also thought of Mary Lincoln. She traveled with Tad Lincoln in her widowhood years to Northern Michigan- including Copper Harbor. The area probably looks about the same now as it did then-there is so much undeveloped land. We made our usual rounds of the antique stores, of course. This time I didn't find any "treasures." But as I always say: "you won't find anything if you don't look." We'll, I'm glad to be back home. We had no phone or Internet service up there. I bought a track phone thinking it would get a signal- but even that phone did not work there. I look forward to reading and catching up on the posts on this Forum by everyone. Ok, time to unpack!

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Back from vacation! - LincolnMan - 07-09-2013 06:43 AM
RE: Back from vacation! - RJNorton - 07-09-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Back from vacation! - HerbS - 07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
RE: Back from vacation! - RJNorton - 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM
RE: Back from vacation! - L Verge - 07-09-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: Back from vacation! - BettyO - 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: Back from vacation! - LincolnMan - 07-20-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Back from vacation! - GARY POPOLO - 07-20-2013, 08:26 PM