Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
06-06-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
Kate, that is an impressive observation. Many times I have had to replace shoes because of my instep is also high. With all of the swamp water they would have mushed through, I would imagine Herolds shoes were losing shape and causing blisters, too, but with a high instep a good fit is so important.

Great eye!

Had Eckert and Lincoln developed a friendship? Is it possible that whatever Stanton had planned for Eckert, just simply ended up not happening?

Could Eckert, if he chose, since Stanton didn't need him in the end, go to Lincoln and offer to accompany him, or would that be out of order?

Did Eckert ever say what he did that evening instead?

Are these questions covered in John's article?

Also, John, how is your article coming about the "Reliance" and Custer? Will it be in a future Courier? The article about John L. Crismond was very interesting.

Have you seen the Mystic Seaport Research Collection Website? It may be a bit basic for you.

Also, I happened upon a book by Webb B. Garrison titled, "The Civil War...Curiosities...". How reliable is the information in it? I noticed he mentions quite a few ships and how "Prizes" and ransoms were taken and used. I also found an old book by James D. Horan, "Confederate Agent.". Is anyone familiar with this work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library? - scldrgnfly - 06-06-2013 10:36 PM